Tuesday 30 April 2013

#Btonbloggermeet Review and The AMAZING Goody Bag

So, it was the Brighton Blogger Meet (#btonbloggermeet) on Saturday and as promised, here's my review of the day.

I know I - and all the other ladies in attendance - were absolutely amazed by the hard work Laura (of lolaandbehold.blogspot.co.uk) put into organising the day's demonstrations, as well as the contents of our ABSOLUTELY AMAZING goody bags! You can see what I got in mine later in this post.

Like some of the other girls, I was quite nervous at first but everyone was really nice and we all quickly relaxed (this coincided with the bar opening...what are the chances...ha!)

The Lush Demo: Cosmetic Catastrophe Fresh Face Mask 

Lush Demo Btonbloggermeet
Lush demo at The Globe pub, Middle Street. Image credit: Hannah of makedoandpush.co.uk - Thanks for letting me use your event pics Hannah!
Shortly after everyone had got their first drink inside 'em, two lovely representatives from Lush showed us how the company's 'Cosmetic Catastrophe' face mask is made, through a live demo.

This face mask contains fresh blueberries, almond oil, rose absolute and Irish moss gel, and is designed to rescue skin on the verge of a breakout, due to hormones or stress. Not only is this mask designed to draw impurities out from the skin, but it also helps to replace the essentials skin needs to thrive.

The mixture (which Lilla of lillaloves.com enthusiastically helped to bash up) was served up into 20 pots, and we were each given one to take home with us. I've never bought a Lush face mask before, but this one smells gorgeous! The full-size 75ml pot we were given contains around four applications too, so I'll really get to test it out properly.

I'd like to try some more Lush products in the future - seeing this demo has increased my confidence in the brand's position as a company believing in handmade, fuss-free beauty.

Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask blueberry fresh
Made in front of our very eyes! RRP: £5.95
Before we headed to the My Salon Looks hair and tanning salon for some more demos, Laura handed out the before-mentioned goody bags, as well as some Birch boxes.

Birch Box April 2013
Inside my #btonbloggermeet Birch Box (April 2013 box): Birch Box-branded 'Let The Sunshine In' mirror, Mirenesse Glossy Kiss stick in 'Starlet',  Savon Surfin La Violette de Parme (this soap smells just like those Parma Violet sweets - delicious!), Weleda Skin Food sample, Gerda Spillmann Renaissance Age Serum sample, and Natio Aromatherapy Renew Radiance Foam Cleanser sample.

Laura also and ran a raffle for prizes kindly donated to us by some really generous sponsors like Washi!, Batiste, St. Moriz and Boux Avenue. This was my raffle prize (#18!):

Boux Avenue toiletries raffle prize
Boux Avenue Indulgent Scented Soap & Pink Taffeta body lotion. Mmmmm!
Before I show you my goody bag, er, goodies, let me tell you about our stop at My Salon Looks...


Thanks to Chelle - of uniqueandchic.co.uk - for this Vine video (can you spot me? Ha!)

My Salon Looks Demos: Moroccanoil treatment and Tissue Highlights


My Salon Looks Brighton btonbloggermeet
Image credit: Hannah of makedoandpush.co.uk
My Salon Looks Shu Uemura Treatment demo btonbloggermeet
Preparing the hair for the Moroccanoil treatment... Image credit: Hannah of makedoandpush.co.uk
We were invited to the luxurious My Salon Looks salon to watch demonstrations of two hair treatments - the Moroccanoil treatment, and 'tissue lightening.'

The first saw Styling Director George gently dab the original Moroccanoil oil treatment onto the areas of the client's hair which needed the most TLC. After letting the oil do it's magic for a while, George then combed it through the entire lengths before rinsing. Once blow-dried, the hair was left looking noticeably healthier and softer.

Moroccanoil hair treatment
The original Moroccanoil hair treatment - accept no substitute!
Another stylist meanwhile was lightening a woman's hair using tissue wraps instead of traditional foil ones. We all found this quite bizarre initially, especially because there was nothing particularly special about the loo roll that was used. When we saw the final results however, we could all see how this method is far better for the creation of well blended highlights (i.e. avoiding clashing 'badger stripes' in the hair.)

We all received a voucher for £15 off our first cut or colour at the salon, an offer I am sure I will be taking up! My Salon Looks is more than a salon - it's an indulgent experience!

All treatments offered by the salon are catered to the individual needs of each customer's hair. Clients sit in a deluxe vibrating massage chair while having their hair rinsed in the colour-changing Oasis. I tried out the chair and enjoyed a Homer Simpson 'Spinemelter' moment!

Oasis area My Salon Looks
The Oasis at My Salon Looks (Image credit: mysalonlooks.co.uk)
Each customer is also gifted the use of an iPad while they're having their hair seen to, which I consider quite novel!
Ti Creative Sensual 3600 hairdryer
Ti Creative Sensual 3600 hairdryer.
Laura, My Salon Looks' Area Manager, also surprised us all with the gift of either a brand new, salon professional hair dryer, or set of hair straighteners. I was lucky enough to receive the Ti Creative Sensual 3600 hairdryer, which is ergonomically designed and comprises 'Argan Oil ceramic grill' technology for extra ion transfer.

I've yet to try it it out, but I'm sure it's a massive improvement on my current Mark Hill one! I feel so spoilt, and I'm astounded by the Salon's generosity!

Inside my AMAZING goody bag...

Beauty Blogger goody bag skin goodies A
SKIN SELECTION A: Jamela 24K Gold Under-Eye Masks (I'm so excited to try these!), Amie 'Spring Clean' Cooling Clay Mask, Nourish Radiance Rejuvenating Peptide Serum, St. Moriz Instant Face Tan (Medium Matt) and Bodhi samples: Jasmine Falls Relaxing Body Moisturiser, Mint Bath and Shower Therapy, Rosemary Chi  Bath and Shower Therapy and Neroli Luce Rivitalising Face Oil, (I'm also stoked to put this to the test!)
Beauty Blogger goody bag skin goodies B
SKIN SELECTION B: Boux Avenue Pink Taffeta hand cream (matches my raffle prize - yay!), Beyond Organic Skincare Firming Eye Cream, Weleda Baby Celendula Lotion, Blend Collective samples: Star Jasmine Hand Cream & Sicilian Lemon Hydrating hand and Body Cream, and a selection of samples from Green People: Fruit Scrub Exfoliator, Gentle Cleanse Makeup Remover, Hydrating Firming Serum and Vita Min Fix 24-Hour Cream.
Washi! Skin Polishing Kit
Washi! Skin Polishing Kit: I look forward to giving my face  a good ol' scrub with these hot cloths!
Beauty Blogger goody bag makeup goodies A
MAKEUP SELECTION A: The Vintage Cosmetic Company 'Gracie' lashes, Eldora handmade eyelashes, ILAH Brows Semi Permanent Mineral Brow Travel Kit (I'm utterly intrigued by this!), Helen E Cosmetics Glamour Colour Gloss in Shade 22 'Maraschino', and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip balm in 'Pink Crystal'.
Beauty Blogger goody bag makeup goodies B
MAKEUP SELECTION B: Carmex 'Lime Twist' lip balm, Blistex 'Lip Brilliance', Smooch lipstick in 'Inferno' (this is so much like Hayley Williams' recent MAC lippy - LOVE!), Nail Girls nail varnish (shade name unknown, but the Nail Girls' team picked it out especially for me), Helen E Cosmetics nail varnish in 'Minted' (LOVE this shade!), Angelica nail colour in 'Bondi Beach', Mavala nail varnish in Malibu (also gorgeous!) and two Mary Greenwell EDP samples: 'Lemon' and 'Plum'.
ESPA £30 Gift Voucher
£30 gift card from Espa: I was shocked, but delighted, to find this in my goody bag too! I wonder what I'll spend it on?
Brighton Blogger Meet hair goodies
Hair goodies: Batiste Dry Shampoo for red hair (thanks for putting this one in my goody bag Laura - apt!) and Neal Wolf Daily Cleansing Shampoo and Conditioner samples sachets.
Phew!

Thanks so much once again to Laura for organising all of this! I'll be sure to review as many of these items as possible in the near future - you can hit the 'Follow' button to the top right of this page so you don't miss anything!

Kat x

10 comments:

  1. Great post! :) Love that little video, I wish I had thought to do something like that. Really sums up the day.
    Enjoy all your products, I know I will :)

    Was lovely to meet you, hopefully see you at the next event!

    Lyndsay
    www.fizzypeaches.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be great to meet up again in the future Lyndsay - hopefully I'll be a little less shy next time! X

      Delete
  2. Great post! Glad you had a good day - I can't wait to get everyone together again! I tried to get everyone the right colour Batiste so I'm glad I got yours right ha! I've already spent my ESPA voucher, and it's due to be delivered tomorrow - very excited! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my eye on some of the ESPA goodies already too, haha! Will have to order soon :) I actually LOVE the Batiste spray - makes my red hair really vivid! x

      Delete
  3. fab post - it was such a lovely day and great to meet you. Love the Vine clip :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want Vine for Android already! It would deffo change the way I do product reviews/swatches! X

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited to have a play with some of the goodies, I've had to make a beauty bloggers to review box lately from events etc.! eek

    Lovely to meet you by the way xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That box will never empty - mine is forever crammed, haha! Really lovely to meet you too Hannah :] xx

      Delete
  5. I had such a nice day, and weren't we spoiled with the goody bags! It was lovely to meet you, shame we didnt get to chat more! x

    taupeandpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stupidly shy! I wish I had the confidence to chat to everyone a bit more! I'm sure they'll be more events like this in the future though(in fact, I may be organising one very soon! Oooh!) xx

      Delete