Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hair Hassels [UPDATE]: What Remington's Customer Services Did Next

Remington Ceramic Straight 230 straightener

Sorry I've not blogged in a while. I have been extremely busy preparing for an interview for promotion (this happened on Monday morning - I await the results...), and indulging my new obsession: The Walking Dead.

Anyway, I thought I should let you know what happened regarding my complaint to Remington's customer services team.

They (or rather, a "she") actually got back to me pretty quickly - less than a week after I sent off my suddenly-kapoot hair straighteners, I have a shiny replacement in my hands. Woo!

I'm less impressed with the letter that was included in my parcel though. Good customer service, at the end of the day, is about showing you care. I don't feel the letter I received indicated such - I've included my own commentary in pink.
.....

Dear Ms Cole (it's 'Miss', actually),

Thank you for the return of your straighteners and accompanying letter. 

Your comments have been noted, and we would like to explain that your till receipt acts as your proof of purchase and guarantee, therefore without this we are under no obligation to assist you (That's the complete opposite of what the customer service representative said in her email to me...)

Having read through all previous correspondence (you clearly didn't, considering the above point...) I note that we did supply you with a freepost address (oh, is this the admittance your team member got it wrong?) so you could return the straighteners without incurring any postage costs and we have herewith enclosed a replacement pair of straighteners free of charge as a gesture of goodwill (read as: "gesture of LIES!"), which we are confident, will provide a satisfactory service (hopefully longer than four months this time...).

*A comma somewhere in this final paragraph wouldn't have gone amiss! 

*Also note that "sorry" (or an equivalent) is not mentioned anywhere, in relation to the fact the straighteners broke after just four months of typical use! 
.....

I love a good moan, can you tell? ;]

Oh well. At least Remington* replaced them for me.   

*Actually, a representative from Russell Hobbs did, according to the letter. Why...I have no idea.

/KatSick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment